PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Gallery & Albums

OnieRN
06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Okay, we've had a can of worms opened here.... LOL I have started moving my layouts from the Gallery to My Albums on SBM. So far so good............ I sure do have a lot to move.

I am wondering how others are managing their albuns and why it has worked for them.

My questions:
1. Do you upload ALL your layouts into an album? or upload just a few? I have done a lot of pages and have uploaded only SOME of them into the gallery, as not to hog up the space and push others out. Seems to me the albums is a nice safe place to store all your layouts and stay organized

2. If you upload to an album, will they stay there or do they also find their way into the gallery pics? Again, I would not want everything filling up the gallery space.

3. Is there a limit on how many albums and how big they are, on the SBM site?

O2BNGdHope
06-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I started moving mine into albums this morning. Got tired after a while so only did about 25. None of mine reuploaded to the gallery. I just created new albums under my photos (or my albums) and moved the layouts into their respective album starting with the oldest ones. I too wondered if, when I first upload a layout, do I pick Member Gallery AND the album I want it in or just to the album? Will it then be available on the recent uploads page of the gallery?

sacannon
06-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I believe if you want a layout to stay in the gallery you leave the first choice "members gallery" and then copy to the album. You can later move it out of the gallery. I put all my older layouts in albums. I left the newer ones in the gallery so they could be viewed for a while and will load those later (maybe after a month) into albums.

OnieRN
06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Have you been uploading EVERY layout that you've ever done?

I just started moving them as they appear in the gallery. I do not know how many I have in the gallery but there are 2 years worth!

sacannon
06-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Have you been uploading EVERY layout that you've ever done?

I just started moving them as they appear in the gallery. I do not know how many I have in the gallery but there are 2 years worth!

Onie, I just counted and I have 600 layouts in albums. Some of them are duplicated because they fit into a couple of catagories.

I still have several pages of layouts in the "My Photo's" area that are still in the gallery. You can look at mine. Go to members galleries. Click on the "s" and look for my name and click on the layout that is showing and it will take you to my layouts.

Like I said before, I leave the new layouts in the gallery for a while before moving them to the albums.

crops2dawn
06-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Last year I put all my layouts into albums, it does take a lot of time at first. I leave my new layouts in the gallery for about a month or so, that way you can find comments easier. Then I put them into an album, I used to do it on the first of every month, but I am not making that many any more, so every other month I do it...
I didnt know you can copy the layout and put it in another album... geezeeee Sue no wonder it took you sooo long....LOL (just kiddin') I love to bust on ya....

OnieRN
06-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Amazing! I really like this option!!!! It will take me awhile to get them moved over to albums but these are great!

Thank You for all the information!

sacannon
06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Last year I put all my layouts into albums, it does take a lot of time at first. I leave my new layouts in the gallery for about a month or so, that way you can find comments easier. Then I put them into an album, I used to do it on the first of every month, but I am not making that many any more, so every other month I do it...
I didnt know you can copy the layout and put it in another album... geezeeee Sue no wonder it took you sooo long....LOL (just kiddin') I love to bust on ya....

Gee, I hadn't noticed.....LOL

makeyesup
06-06-2008, 01:55 PM
thanks for all this info, have been procrastinating for a long time about doing this as I always find other things to do first. However, still have a question on the random images. Enjoy viewing them everytime I come on as I find I have missed some really great ones. If they are in albums, will they still be picked up for the randoms?

sacannon
06-06-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't think so because they are no longer in the gallery. But I am sure Desmond can answer that positively.

spanielmom
06-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Did you all know that you can create private albums that only you can see? You can also send the links to the private albums to only the people you want to see them. I use this feature all the time.

crops2dawn
06-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I have my layouts in albums and I frequently see them in the random sections. I think if you make them private they wont show in the gallery.

AmeliasMuma
06-07-2008, 05:57 PM
ok I'm confused ..... I've uploaded to my albums in the past and they have still shown in the gallery .... I assume the gallery we are talking of is the latest upload gallery right or am I missing something?

sacannon
06-07-2008, 09:42 PM
ok, I wasn't sure. I just thought when you moved them to the albums they no longer showed in the gallery, but I guess I was wrong. (I guess there is a first time for everything.....hehehehe....just kidding)