PDA

View Full Version : Downloading files from the emb' section.

Josephine
06-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Hey there everyone.

I know I don't post alot so I hope no one is offended here but I have been raiding the embellishment section of the forum as we are a little broke at the moment to be honest. While I would love some of the kits in the digital kit section - until after the financial year ends (Australia here so June its over) its not going to happen.

BUT I am having a huge amount of trouble figuring them out. Sometimes there is a link to a download site, sometimes there are simply thumbnails?

How do all these work and what types am I likely to see? Which ones will automatically pop themselves into SBM?

Thanks in advance for any help :D

Jo.

O2BNGdHope
06-04-2008, 06:25 AM
The links that end in .smt or .smb these you click on the link, click open, and they will automatically go to SBM. If all you see is a thumbnail, right click on the thumbnail, click Save Target As, and scroll to the file under My Document that you want to save it in. If you don't have a special folder set up under My Document for Scrapbooking, you should set one up. I have one with subfolders under it for different colors, fantasy items, etc and then subfolders under the color for each designer. If it's a one-time designer, I just make sure to add their name to the file name so I can give credits.

Hope this helped you.

fourfoxes
06-04-2008, 07:17 AM
The links that end in .smt or .smb these you click on the link, click open, and they will automatically go to SBM. If all you see is a thumbnail, right click on the thumbnail, click Save Target As, and scroll to the file under My Document that you want to save it in. If you don't have a special folder set up under My Document for Scrapbooking, you should set one up. I have one with subfolders under it for different colors, fantasy items, etc and then subfolders under the color for each designer. If it's a one-time designer, I just make sure to add their name to the file name so I can give credits.

Hope this helped you.

That's how I do it too. Then when you want to use them just open up SBM and the file where you have saved your embies, next to each other, drop and drag into SBM! Voila! :)