PDA

View Full Version : Need help please read - trouble downloading from the store

Moonlightpearl
06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I bought 6 kits in SBM yesterday and could not download them properly. On one kit that is 10.9 MB I will get only 313 KB on it.It does that for all of them I tried to download again but the same happened each time. So I am worried cos I think the numbers of download are limited. It was my first time downloading kits I bought at SBM so not very lucky.
And also, I don't understand when I double click on them to open them, instead of importing to SBM, I have a box with a little red circle and a white x cross that says

: Not a properly formatted archive.

Would you know why it does that ? I wanted to open to check what was missing. So for now I cannot open and use them.

I sent a message yesterday to SBM in my account message box. I wanted to check this morning and and when I sign in I click enter and get this box pop up (got it yesterday too so wondering if this is normal or not?).So I did not access I click no.Cos it is suppose to be secure there is the yellow padlock.Then I did not read the message that was sent to me. I have a reply in my email too ,but scare to click on the link.
So this was what I got when trying to sign in after filling my email add and password:

Security alert: You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.The information you are sending to the current site might be transmitted to a non secure site.Do you wish to continue ?
Hope you may be able to help, too much going on here.
Thanks.

Carena
06-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi
Not sure what the problem may be - they have just changed the format for the store - maybe that's it. I'm sure SBM will answer soon, allowing for time differences etc.
Hugs
Carena

Pink Lollipop
06-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Oh.. Moon,

Hope you be able to get all your kits well dl soon. I remember you told me yours is dial up. May be let the seller know and see what they can help. Take care dearly. :)

O2BNGdHope
06-04-2008, 06:39 AM
I bought from the new SBM store. It didn't recognize my password from before. I clicked on forgot password and it sent me to a screen to create a new password. I used the same password as before and it saved it and let me in. I just shrugged my shoulders at it and went ahead ordering. I will have to wait until tonight to verify the downloads. I think yours might just be a glitch along the same lines as mine. Try to create a new password. See if that helps.

Moonlightpearl
06-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Thank you Carena, Pink and Melanie for your answer, they are much appreciated.
Mel I will try to do that thanks. Thank you Fiona for the link I 've got yours now.

Desmond
06-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Hello,

We do receive reports of download troubles from some of our dial-up customers from time to time, even before we launched our new store software. The issue is that the connection between your computer and our server 'disconnects' before the file is complete, for any number of reasons.

This issue is then multiplied when you try to re-download because your browser is then using the incomplete 'cached' verson of the file when downloading, instead of ignoring that and downloading fresh.

Please clear out your temporary interent files, close *all* browser windows (not just the ones with our store). Once all browser windows are closed, visit our store, log in, and try downloading one kit again. Hopefully you'll be able to download the entire kit.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Desmond.