PDA

View Full Version : Help! How do I save the newsletter freebie?

craftygirl
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM
I hope I'm in the right place in the forum to post this. Okay, I bought the Scrapbook Max program a while ago when we were running XP. Our old machine is showing its age and we just got a new one to replace it. We took a chance and went with Vista in the new computer. I haven't had too many problems running the new OS - until now. I got the Groove newsletter yesterday so I loaded the software then tried to download the freebie to my hard drive. It saved and the download window disappeared. When I went into my folder to load the freebie into the software I found it saved as a shortcut and I couldn't do anything with it!:( Also, when I opened Scrapbook Max on the computer, I got a small square dialog window showing a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. There was no message, just the alert sign. I closed the window and the program seemed to be functioning although I should add that I haven't tried to create a page yet. Am I having an incompatibility problem? :confused: I would truly appreciate any help that anyone out there could lend.

Deb

craftygirl
06-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I jumped the gun (fairly common practice for me, it seems). I found a thread in the discussion group that ended up answering my question. I wound up downloading to my desktop and opening the file with the template importer. Worked like a charm. I still got the warning dialog when I opened the program, but it didn't seem to affect adding items to a page. I am so glad there wasn't a compatibility issue like I thought. Aah, bumps in the Vista learning curve!:)