PDA

View Full Version : New Here-have a question

heart4home
05-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Hello Everyone!

I have actually had SBM for a while, but am just posting on here for the first time.

I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

I am part of a children's theater group. I have been put in charge of making the actors biographies which are hung up during the performances. Each page includes a photo and journaling. (of course I will be using SBM! It's Willy Wonka, so it will be a fun layout to create.) I am right now designing a template, and then I need to transfer the template to someone else (who will use SBM) then let her put in the individual photos and information.

How do I do this, and how do we make individual jpg files for each different page, keeping the template in tact to be used for 75 different kids?

Sorry if this is confusing. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Denise

MommaBird
05-27-2008, 02:29 PM
If you already have the template made, all she will need to do is upload the jpgs, do the jounalling and publish. She will need to go to that directory and rename the file whoevers name is in the picture before she changes and publishes again. If she does not rename each time, it will get overwritten by the next save. Someone else may have an easier way, but that is what I would do.

Pink Lollipop
05-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Ya MommaBird is right,

After the page is 'publish' as image it is in jpeg form. If I am not 'wrong' as you mention you like to put each kid in indiviual file. I will suggest that after you publish all. Go to your SBM folder and find the pictures (which is in jpeg form after publish and keep in your 'publish' folder). Zip indiviual and sent one by one. (must be tough to do '75' zips). Hope that helps. :)

heart4home
05-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the help. I am playing around with it now, and think I've got it figured out!

See ya around,
Denise

angelwithin
05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
hello & welcome

if you wish someone with SBM to use the exact same pages but where there just change the photographs go to File > export template > click on remove photographs

this will give you a template with 'double click to insert photo' areas

you will find the template stored in my documents > scrapbook max > templates....sent the other person this SMT file and they will be able to use the template as it is yet change all the photographs

fiona x