PDA

View Full Version : able to install SBMax on both personal notebook AND desktop?

NonnieHontas
05-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I 'discovered' ScrapbookMax a little over a week ago, downloaded the trial & am enjoying it completely-- want to buy the full version, but have a couple of questions first. Can anyone help me?

First off, will I be able to load SBMax onto my notebook as well as my desktop? That is, buy one copy for my personal use at home even though I want the flexibility of working from two computers? To do pages both sitting at the 'big computer' in the family room as well as cozy'ing up with my laptop on the couch or taking it with me for an afternoon at the park (inspiration for scraping & fresh air equal good results for me!)...
I recognizing this set up might not be ideal in that I may end up having two sets of stuff (papers, templates, pages, photo catalog, etc) as well as the limitation of which photos I've loaded on to which computer {{& anyone with suggestions/tips on that, please chime in--}} but, it seems that I'll be able to keep the end product, finished pages, easily enough by making sure I keep a master copy on some consistant medium (CD/DVD) & always remember to update/backup from both computers in order to keep everything in one place. Think that'll work?

And secondly, what is the scoop on having to provide a lot of "high priority" info (SS#, dob, zip code, etc) at the website in order to verify for payment & purchase the product? I was all ready to press 'go' & download SBMax yesterday, but became surprised, confused & hesitant to include all the requested personal data. Again, any insight on this much appreciated!

TTFN & Happy Scrapin' ~
NonnieHontas

crops2dawn
05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Hello NonnieHontas.... Dont know if its allowed, but I have to be honest... if I had a laptap and a desktop I would definately put the program in both...Not sure how illegal it is, I know some places do not allow it, but seriously who is gonna know, the scrap police...LOL
As to your second part... asking about your SSN... not sure about that one at all... I dont think I ever had to do that.... zip code, yeah, they need your addy to mail ya the CD.

Marion
05-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I think this has been discussed before, and as far as I can recall, I think that it was ok, as long as it is both for your personal use. I have mine installed on both my pc and laptop. When my pc was down I did not have to go through SBM withdrawel. If you store your extra files on a external drive you can access that with both pc and laptop with a USB cable.

OnieRN
05-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I think this has been discussed before, and as far as I can recall, I think that it was ok, as long as it is both for your personal use. I have mine installed on both my pc and laptop. When my pc was down I did not have to go through SBM withdrawel. If you store your extra files on a external drive you can access that with both pc and laptop with a USB cable.

Marion is right......... we did discuss this in the past and it was concluded that if you have the program, you could put it on both YOUR pc and YOUR Laptop. Also, most of us do have external's and save all of our embies/papers/ etc there.

This works out real good. I'm sure others here have other ideas on the subject...... At one time, I remember someone saying they had their 2 computers networked and shared files between the computers, without transfering things, but I don't know how that works.

sacannon
05-18-2008, 07:13 PM
This is what the license reads:

If You are a registered user of the Software, You are granted non-exclusive rights to install and use the Software by a single person who uses the Software only on one or more computers or workstations only for purposes of personal, non-commercial uses. You may copy the Software for archival purposes, provided that any copy must contain the original Software's proprietary notices in unaltered form.

RachellIowa
05-19-2008, 07:18 AM
I have it installed on my pc upstairs and the one downstairs plus the laptop. as I work on my scrapbooking where it is the most convenient at the time as I still have to children at home.that means keeping an eye on them plus I still can get some things done, I have the external which I store most of the things, But use a jumpdrive for travel on short trips.

NonnieHontas
05-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Good morning & thanks so much for the quick replies -- it's nice to not be the Lone Scrapping Stranger! There are others out there, somewhere. (-;
Hope to finalize the purchase later today & be 100% 'non trial' very soon...
Best~
NonnieHontas