PDA

View Full Version : Please help - having a weird problem with software

amberbauerle
05-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I am new to Scrapbook Max and just got a new computer, reinstalled my software from the CD and I'm having a problem that I wasn't having on my last computer. When I am in a project and I want to add a page, I do so and it asks me to pick a theme - but there are no themes to pick from, it is just blank, so I can't even add a new page.

I am uninstalled and reinstalled - same thing. When I want to create a new project the themes are there - is this a problem with Vista or something?

Please help - I am so anxious to continue my scrapbook on my new computer and I use the add a page function all of the time - so I am at a hault right now! :)

Granny
05-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Amber, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're trying to add new pages by going to File, New. That is for new projects. To add pages, go to the tool bar at the top of the work area, toward the right end, and you will see little two little white papers, one with a green plus sign, and one with a red x. Click on the one with the green plus sign and you will have your new page. You can name the page or just accept it the way it is.

Other than this, I can't figure out what is wrong, except that I don't use Vista. Don't trust the thing. But hang in there, someone else can help you.

:o

amberbauerle
05-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Thank you for your help! I am actually doing it the way you suggested and it is not working, there are no themes to choose from just a blank screen. I just realized my other comptuer was Vista also and I didn't have this problem so it is not Vista I don't think.

Please can anyone else help? I emailed technical support last night, how long does it take to get an answer back?

O2BNGdHope
05-13-2008, 02:19 PM
They usually catch you in here with in a day or two. Don't worry. We'll keep bringing this to the top until they show up.

juliescraps
05-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi, I have heard that when you install on a new computer you might need to try to update the program. Maybe that will help.

Marion
05-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Also when you re-install, dont forget to install the contents pack.

amberbauerle
05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I did install the content packs, I unistalled and reinstalled again just to make sure nothing went wrong, I can get to the themes when I create a new project, so I know the themes are there, I just can't get to them when I add a page.

I sent an email to tech support and still no answer... I wish someone could help me with this. :(

Marion
05-13-2008, 08:53 PM
It is not a vista problem. I have vista too. Other then that I am not sure what it could be. Somehow they must be installing to the wrong directory. Can you do a search for a folder called "templates" and see what it's location is? That may shed some light on it.