Scrapbook MAX! - Last Minute Notes
Copyright © 2006-2011 Indigo Rose Corporation.
All rights reserved. Scrapbook MAX! is a registered trademark of Indigo Rose Corporation.
||188.8.131.52 - (what has changed?)
||May 31, 2011
||Unauthorized distribution prohibited. See License.txt for licensing details.
Table Of Contents
About Scrapbook MAX!
Copyright & Trademark Notice
Thank you for using Scrapbook MAX!.
If you have any questions, or need help with this product, please visit http://www.scrapbookmax.com.
Treasure your everyday memories with the fastest, easiest, and most creative digital scrapbooking software available!
Life's moments are fleeting, and your "me" time is limited. With NEW! Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 software, you can find time to make beautiful scrapbooking pages and enjoy exploring your creative side.
Scrapbook MAX! digital scrapbook software is the fun, fast and affordable way to scrapbook using your computer. With an easy-to-use design space and tools that give you complete creative control, you can make a gorgeous scrapbook in minutes, or spend a leisurely afternoon scrapbooking. Scrapbook MAX! is perfectly suited to the beginning and avid scrapbooker alike. It grows with you!
Sharing your scrapbooks with family and friends takes just a few mouse clicks. You'll love turning your pages into real photobooks and albums, posting layouts in your Scrapbook MAX! online web gallery, on your blog, your Facebook or MySpace pages, making slideshows and movies to commemorate special events, and much, much more.
Scrapbook MAX! comes with everything you need to make and share creative, personalized scrapbooks. Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is a complete digital scrapbooking system, and quite simply the best value in scrapbooking available.
Easy to Use
Point and click, drag and drop visual interface - works the way you do, like using paper and scissors!
Move, rotate and resize all the elements in the ready-to-use templates to exactly suit your needs!
Add your digital photos to a page with a quick click. Edit, crop, color and more!
Fancy Text Effects
Create infinite designs with thousands of embellishments, scraps, shapes and more!
Curve, bend, and stretch your text into artistic patterns. Apply shadows, transparency, pattern fills and more!
Colorize, Tint and Shadow
Adjust the color of your embellishments and photos. Even apply shadows to your exact specifications!
Easily drag and drop your favourite photos, embellishments, and more right onto your pages!
These are just some of the great features in Scrapbook MAX!
184.108.40.206 - May 31, 2011
- Added an error message if you set the page size too high.
- Added a warning message if you set the page size very high (larger than you probably meant to).
- Improved the performance of the renderer for small objects.
- Changed SaveAsPNG to exclude the translucent border pixels for objects with fractional widths or heights.
- Improved draw performance when moving multiple small objects at once on a page with lots of objects on it.
- Fixed a rare bug that could make objects turn invisible (temporarily) after you moved other objects around.
- Made it so the published images are saved with the correct DPI from the page settings for image formats that support DPI metadata as a hint for printer drivers.
- Fixed a bug in the DPI calculations for PNG files.
- Fixed handling of templates with duplicate image filenames which was causing the wrong images to be used after adding a page from one of these templates (using "Page > Add").
- Made it so images with large transparent borders are automatically cropped to remove the transparent border when exporting a project and the "Optimize embellishments" option is enabled.
220.127.116.11 - December 2, 2010
- Made changes to improve compatibility with some computers.
18.104.22.168 - November 8, 2010
- Fixed loading of 8-bit bmp files when the file's palette is incorrectly set as transparent.
- Made it so the selection box is updated properly when moving objects with shift + cursor keys.
- Fixed text flow in journal text when using special/accented characters like Alt+130.
- Added fix for character spacing < 1.0 (some characters wouldn't be moved to the left when they should be).
- Made it so that when you export a template with the "Optimize embellishment" option enabled, any cropping done to embellishments will be applied permanently so the image optimization won't affect the quality of the end result.
22.214.171.124 - June 18, 2010
- Fixed a bug where adding a JPEG file could cause Scrapbook MAX! to crash while trying to retrieve the EXIF data.
Note: We've removed the 126.96.36.199 feature that automatically rotated JPEG images based on their EXIF Orientation data from this version, since the EXIF data was causing the crash.
- Fixed a bug where you could not move ribbon text and caption text objects by dragging their curves when you had more than one object selected.
188.8.131.52 - June 14, 2010
- When you add JPEG images they are now automatically rotated based on their EXIF Orientation data if present.
- Added the ability to use Ctrl+ and Ctrl- to zoom in and out on the eraser dialog.
- Added the ability to change the character set of a font on the Advanced tab for Caption text, Ribbon text, and Journal text.
- Added a visible dotted line while snapping objects to the edge of the page to indicate what the object is snapping to.
- Ribbon text now forms a perfect circle when there are only two points and the "Connect endpoints" option is enabled. (You can drag either point to resize the circle.) This allows you to easily create perfect circles of text.
- Fixed a bug where greyscale (black and white) image files would appear transparent.
- Fixed a bug where text objects would disappear sometimes when switching between pages.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on a missing caption object (that disappeared after switching pages) would cause a crash.
- Fixed a bug caused by switching the focus to a window on another monitor while in the object settings but before using Crop mode or the Advanced tab for the first time.
- Fixed a bug where the page background didn't update properly when you changed the background image by dragging and dropping a file.
- Fixed a bug where the selected object's selection box would disappear after dragging and dropping an image file.
- Fixed a bug where the new image wouldn't appear right away after replacing an image using Shift + drag and drop.
- Fixed a bug where ribbon text wouldn't fully redraw after changing position, size, or angle using the P, S, and A keys on the keyboard.
- Fixed a bug where inserting a point at the end of a ribbon text path with the "Connect endpoints" option enabled caused the point to be inserted in the wrong place along the path.
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect undo/redo behaviour occurred when certain changes were made to the project after using undo. Now making any changes always "clears" the redo list, as is the normal behaviour for programs on Windows.
- Made the Adjust to Fit dialog crop to the shape (aspect ratio) of the object on the page rather than the shape of the original image file.
- Changed how the Adjust to Fit dialog operates when you "change" the picture but re-select the same image file.
184.108.40.206 - December 23, 2009
- Increased the maximum size of all objects.
- Fixed a problem with the Scrapbook MAX! updater application.
- Fixed a bug where the eraser was not being preserved when importing a page from another project.
- Fixed a bug where Scrapbook Max! would sometimes crash during an undo when the ruler was visible.
- Fixed a bug where the eraser would sometimes not display properly on photos or embellishments.
- Made it so that effects cannot be applied to cleared photos.
220.127.116.11 - December 18, 2009
- Added an eraser allowing you to erase parts of an image by making them transparent. This feature can be found under the "Effects" program menu, Effects > Eraser.
- Improved the accuracy of custom shape masks.
- Added midpoint handles to the selection box for images and journal text.
- Improved the handling of 8-bit grayscale images.
- Improved the quality of print preview (at the expense of using more memory).
- Behaviour Change: When multiple objects are selected, you can only rotate around the dominant object -- you can no longer begin a rotation by clicking near the corner of a non-dominant object. This was done to make it easier to move objects when you have more than one selected and they overlap.
- Behaviour Change: When multiple objects are selected, you can now move them by dragging the round resize handles on the dominant object (or where the round handles would be on the non-dominant objects). Prior to this change, all left clicks within the round handle zones were ignored. This was done to make it easer to move groups of very small objects on the page without needing to zoom in first.
- Improved the drawing speed when there are cleared images on the page.
- Improved the loading of 8-bit PNG image files.
- Added the ability to set the position of an object by pressing 'P' and entering the x,y values directly.
- Added the ability to set the size of an object by pressing 'S' and entering the width and height values directly.
- Added the ability to set the rotation angle of an object by pressing 'A' and entering an angle in degrees.
- Fixed a bug where shadows weren't drawing for cleared images.
- Fixed a bug in journal text where the lines drawn after an empty line would be drawn twice so they looked darker than they should be (because of the antialiasing being drawn twice).
- Fixed a bug where the preview window surface wasn't large enough when a properties dialog was resized wider than 1600 pixels (the properties dialog now works properly when maximized on widescreen monitors or stretched across multiple displays).
- Fixed a bug where the rulers would sometimes not update properly.
- Fixed a bug where opening version 1.0 projects that were based off of the blank template would use the new project page size instead of the internal setting.
- Fixed a bug where the crop image was not always centering properly.
- Made it so the correct filter is used for temporary resize folder images when set to something other than "Area Average."
- Fixed an issue where there would be a grey fringe around objects when saving the page or object as a 32-bit PNG with transparency.
- Fixed a bug where the custom shape was not always showing in the preview after double-clicking straight to the Advanced tab and then switching to the Settings tab.
- Fixed a rare bug where things wouldn't redraw properly when resizing a small object larger (objects disappearing, etc.).
18.104.22.168 - October 19, 2009
- Fixed a layer redraw bug when using Edit > Cut.
- Made it attempt to correct the flipped image bug when loading old projects.
22.214.171.124 - October 16, 2009
- Added the ability to save objects as PNG files via the Right-Click menu. Now you can use Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 to create embellishments!
- Added the ability to resize bendable caption objects, ribbon text objects, and multiple objects by selecting the object(s) and pressing and holding down the shift key.
- Added the ability to colorize photos, paper scraps, and embellishments using a color picker. This can be activated from each object's advanced tab.
- Added proper support for the restart messages from Windows.
- Added in the Adjust Color option to the effects menu.
- Made it so that when the Full Size publish preset is chosen and you make changes advanced options, the width and height are grayed out and the preset does not change automatically to Custom. Done for all publish dialogs.
- Added a preference to control the default page size of a new blank project.
- You can now control the quality of images displayed in the design environment of Scrapbook MAX! using the Display Quality preference. If you want faster or better quality results in the design environment feel free to alter these preferences. Note: This has not effect on your output.
- Made the color picker only work within the main application window.
- Fixed a bug where the scroll position was not being saved for pages that have Zoom To Fit enabled.
- Fixed a bug where images were not using the correct initial size when added to Scrapbook MAX!
- Fixed a bug where photo objects would sometimes be incorrectly sized when cropping and switching to new images.
- Fixed the way that embellishments are sized when selecting a new embellishment from the properties dialog for a new embellishment.
- Fixed a but where shadows were causing issues with flipped images.
- Fixed a bug on the Page > Save As Image dialog where the "Make a background transparent" option is incorrectly shown in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where thumbnails and browse dialogs were not working on some people's computers.
126.96.36.199 - September 16, 2009
Web Address: http://www.scrapbookmax.com
Technical Support: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums
Scrapbook MAX!, the Scrapbook MAX! logo and all related
files and documentation are Copyright © 2006-2011 Indigo Rose Software Design
Corporation. All rights reserved.
Scrapbook MAX! is a registered trademark of Indigo Rose Software Design Corporation. All
other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned are the property of their